You are also facing issues with the low seat height with your Harley, I feel the same when I buy my first FatBoy, and that is why I am making this article about the best Harley Davidson seats for the tall riders.
There are some of the products that come under this category. We have hand-picked some of the best seats and tested them so that you don’t have to do the hardwood.
Owning a Harley Davidson, no doubt tops most of the biker’s bucket list. If you are new to this arena you might not understand why we say this but others, yes we hear you!
There is nothing that can go wrong with an HD motorcycle but when it is about the tall guys out there, looking for the best Harley seat might be a problem and that is why we have compiled a list of the best Harley seats for tall riders.
With the due course, you will come to know some of the best Harley seats for tall riders that are available in the market, easily accessible for all our readers, and don’t compromise on the quality.
For all the newbies out there, we would be breaking it in very simple words for you. Essentially, when you are interested in something you know the acers and losers of that particular field and Harley Davidson as we would like to call it is the ‘boujee’ brand in motorcycles.
There are a plethora of reasons to support the statement and to start with there is no other motorcycle that could sound like a Harley and that nothing else could look like one. Don’t we all do something extraordinary?
Bikes from Harley Davidson are exactly that. Moreover, they are extremely heavyweight, the biggest perk for all those thriving for speed, and last you long.
While we can go on and on and count why you should get one for yourself we must not forget what we are here for i.e. best Harley Davidson seat for tall riders.
Best Harley Davidson Seats for Tall Riders
|Product||Reviews & Ratings||Category|
|XFMT Deluxe One-Piece Two-Up||182 Reviews (4.1/5)||Best Harley Seat for Tall Riders (Dual Color)|
|Mustang 75595 Fastback One-Piece 2-Up||135 Reviews (4.4/5)||Best Looking Harley Seat for Tall Riders|
|Mustang 79538 Super Touring One-Piece 2-Up||197 Reviews (4.6/5)||Best Harley Touring Seat For Tall Riders|
|XMT-MOTO Low Profile Pillion Passenger Rider Seat||69 Reviews (4.2/5)||Best Low Profile Pillion Passenger Seat for Tall Riders|
|Mustang 76704 Wide Tripper||38 Reviews (4.0/5)||Best Solo Harley Seat for Tall Rider|
|Saddlemen Step-Up LS 806-04-172||27 Reviews (4.7/5)||Best Saddlemen Harley Seat for Tall Rider|
|Mustang 79556 Super Touring One-Piece 2-Up||197 Reviews (4.6/5)||Best Mustang Harley Seat for Tall Rider|
|Mustang One-Piece Wide Vintage Touring Seat 75535||14 Reviews (4.9/5)||Best Vintage Harley Seat for Tall Rider|
|Mustang 76161 Wide Touring Two-Piece 2-Up||41 Reviews (4.8/5)||Best Comfortable Harley Seat for Tall Riders|
|Mustang 76036 Standard Touring||12 Reviews (4.2/5)||Best Cushion HarleySeat for Tall Rider|
We started the article on a note that a Harley Davidson motorcycle holds a position in the bucket list of many.
Sooner or later, you would get it ticked off and experience the wonders of this bike but what we do need to accept that there can be small little problems here and there with classic and unexampled bikes like these.
One of them is with the seat and tall riders are the ones suffering from it. The suffering we are talking about isn’t of a physical, emotional, or mental nature but the comfort and fatigue of long rides.
Now, since we have a problem here a solution to it lies too. Fortunately, you do not have to do much about it in case you have experienced the situation for yourself too. Change the seat and buy another one that would be comfortable and won’t hurt even if you decide to go on long and relaxing rides.
Looking at the different options available online and offline it can get a little overwhelming and that is why we advise you to go through the best Harley seat for tall riders list below and see for yourself then.
This way, you will not have to choose from millions of them and would save time and effort too. Here are our best picks and you should go and check each one of them to have many more fun and exciting rides with your Harley Davidson ahead.
Can tall people ride Motorcycles?
Well, there are a lot of myths and misconceptions around us, one of them being that tall people can’t ride motorcycles. Guess what? They obviously can. You just need to select the correct bike brand and model keeping your frame in mind. You can check out the bikes from Harley Davidson for sure.
What is a good cruiser motorcycle for a tall rider?
Tall riders have to be a little more careful and conscious when choosing bikes for themselves and when it is about a good cruiser we think Kent Oakwood Men’s Cruiser Bike is a really good option to look forward to.
1. XFMT New Hammock Rider and Passenger Seat
Who doesn’t love a classic and timeless look? We, undoubtedly do. If you share the taste of us wait no more because we think you have found the best seat for tall Harley riders.
This one from XFMT is all you need if you have been worrying about ruining the vibe of your black beauty looking for some comfort.
The new hammock rider will provide ultra comfort for the tall riders and you don’t need to have second thoughts about going on a long ride and enjoying your solitude.
Moreover, it comes with an integrated suspension system that does a lot for the enthusiastic riders out thereby protecting your back and spine from those bumpy rides.
Riding on bumpy and unlevelled roads with this passenger seat becomes a whole lot easier and comfortable.
The highlight of the XFMT rider and passenger seat is that it features the bucket seat feature that only distinguishes it from others in the market but also protects the rider`s tailbone.
- Material: Synthetic Leather, Foam, Iron, PP Plastic, etc.
- Integrated suspension system.
- Bucket seat features
- Protects the rider from the aches of a bumpy ride.
- Fits 09- later Touring and Tri Glide models.
- While installing on 09- later Tri Glide models the grab rail needs to be taken off.
- Smooth exterior.
- Available in different standard colors.
- The material used makes the ride comfortable
- Prevents the ride from shock and injuries
- Good designing
- Multiple color options
- The stitching and overall finish could have been much better for the price
2. Mustang 75595 Fastback One- Piece 2-Up
On the assumption that you have done your bit of research in the course of looking for Harley Davidson seats for tall riders the brand name that would have crossed your screen a million times is Mustang and that says something.
The fact that Mustang is very popular and appreciated in the aftermarket reign is very evident and that is not just why we have decided to incorporate one of them in our list of best street glide seats for tall riders.
The reason why the Mustang 75595 Fastback is featuring in this list are many and you would discover them in the next section:
- High- rising wall at the back provides support and safety from any kind of injury.
- Prevents sliding back in the saddle.
- Features a cut low driver for lower and further back placement.
- Streamlined look.
- Compatible with several Harley Davidson Dyna Models
- Impressive designing
- Provides support and comfort
- Easy to install
- Sits firmly
- Little expensive
3. Mustang 79538 Super Touring
Up next in our list of Harley seats for tall riders is another one from Mustang. This time it is the 79538 Super Touring Model.
It is one of those models that has made it to almost all of the best motorcycle seat lists and thus, how can we miss our take on it?
So, this one from the house of Mustang is one of those seats that won’t compromise with the rider`s comfort even on the bumpiest rides.
So if you are one of the travel enthusiasts and love going on random rides that can surprise you with the plain and conditions there the Mustang 79538 should be your pick.
Another thing to notice here which makes it one of the best mustang seats for tall riders is that it has this superior quality vinyl cover that can withstand most of the climate conditions and thus, you would not have to see your dollars going in vain.
Some other features of this motorcycle seat are mentioned below:
- One-piece seat for both the rider and passenger
- Features a wide seat design
- Vehicle specific fit
- Compatible with Road Glide, Road King, Street Glide, Street Glide Trike, Electra Glide, and Tri- Glide models of Harley Davidson.
- Wider and lower than other stock seats
- Ideal even for long-distance rides
- Premium quality vinyl cover withstands even the worst climatic conditions
- Higher price point
- The backrest is not included in the package
- Installation hardware is also not included
4. XMT-MOTO Low Profile Pillion Passenger Rider Seat
The XMT-MOTO Pillion Rider Seat has to be the best Harley seat for 6.5′ tall riders because of all the amazing reviews and 4.5-star ratings on the online shopping website Amazon.
Moreover. It has also featured in several best seats for tall Harley riders review and that gives a pretty clear idea about the quality of the product.
Afterall quality is what we give the most importance to here and everything else is secondary.
This one, in particular, is a passenger rider seat designed for riders who are tall and the normal Harley Davidson seats don’t serve their purpose of going on long relaxing rides.
As we discussed earlier, the ordinary seats become a little tiresome for tall riders when it’s a long bumpy ride and thus, the alternative.
Though you have a lot of options to choose from this one looks very simple, elegant, and fuss-free.
- Material: Synthetic Leather, Foam, Iron, and PP Plastic
- Comes with mounting hardware as well
- Fits 2009- later Harley Davidson Touring Models
- Compatible with Road King, Road Glide, Street Glide, and Electra Glide
- The black color with orange stitchings on it
- Easy installation
- Mounting hardware included
- Comfortable seating
- Available in a standard black color
- No slot for a rider backrest
5. Mustang 76704 Wide Tripper Solo Motorcycle Seat
We agree that riding low looks cool, aesthetic, and what not but what is also true is that not all riders are comfortable with such positioning and still do not want to compromise with the bikes quality, longevity, brand name, and style.
This is when motorcycle seats like the Mustang 76704 come in.
With this installed on your bike, you can ride till the end of the day and till the end of the earth and still won’t feel the slightest bit of inconvenience.
Yeah, those were big claims but we say it only because it is one of the best mustang seats for tall riders.
Moreover, you cannot have second thoughts about one of the Mustang’s motorcycle seats since they have proven their worth in all these years over and over again.
- Cut low and wide.
- Extra width in the hip area.
- Features detailed stitch work.
- Synthetic glove-leather cover
- Compatible with the following Harley Davidson models: Switchback, Super Glide, Street Bob, Fat Bob, Super Glide Custom, Low Rider, and Wide Glide.
- Very comfortable due to the extra width
- The low cut gives a low riding advantage
- The diamond-stitched work looks nice
- Fits perfectly on the above-mentioned models
- Non-sliding glove- leather cover
- Easy installation
- Does not come with any installation hardware
6. Saddlemen Step-Up
Researching and rummaging around the internet you would have come across several brands that have the best Harley Davidson seat for tall riders but a lot of times it becomes very repetitive when the same name flashes on your screen all the time.
Considering that, we have included the Saddlemen Step-up motorcycle seat for Harley Davidson on our list because we don’t have Mustang and XMT again and again.
With the features listed out, it occurs to us that a lot of us attention has been paid to the comfort of the rider.
The fact is clear from the fact that it has used Gel-core interior and Ultra- Foam for that cushioning, balance, and support. Other features of the Saddlemen Step-Up have been mentioned below.
- Ultra-foam unique molding process seals the foam from water and enhances the seat`s durability and comfort.
- Features the Co-molded Gel-Core.
- Lattice stitch retro styling.
- Designed and made in the USA.
- Rigid and comfortable
- Ultra-foam cushioned
- The lattice stitch gives a retro yet fashionable twist to the overall vibe of the bike
- Water-resistant foam
7. Mustang 79006 Super Touring Deluxe
Another one in our list is the Mustang 79006 Super Touring Deluxe Motorcycle Seat and has to be one of the best Harley seats for 6.5′ tall riders due to various reasons.
To begin with, the positioning of the rider in this seat is different from the stock seats and that is why it is not only comfortable for tall riders but ideal as well.
Due to that depth, the leveling becomes a little low and even short people can ride comfortably because of this.
Talking about the width of the seat it is 19 inches wide to be precise and that makes it ultra-comfortable for both the rider and passenger.
If you are looking for the best seat for tall Harley riders and don’t want to settle for something average this is what you should be going for.
- Angles the body for long-distance comfort
- The front seat sets the rider back 1.75″ in comparison to the stock seat
- Styled after state-of-the-art automotive interior designs
- Front bucket drain hole designing
- Compatible with these Harley Davidson models: Road King, Street Glide, Street Glide Trike, Electra Glide, Road Glide, and Tri-Glide
- Good for long journeys
- Good quality material
- Front bucket drain hole is a very clever feature
- The cushioning provides comfort
- Armrests and backrests are sold separately
8. Mustang One-Piece Wide Vintage Touring Seat 75535
While this whole article is about how tall riders find it difficult to ride for long on the stock seats for most of the Harley Davidson bikes it doesn’t mean you have to compromise on any factor.
If you are one of those you would be desperately looking for something comfortable but the list of the best seat for tall Harley riders we have, compromises of options which are not only comfortable but have got amazing looks as well.
For example, the one we are talking about here is the Mustang One-Piece Wide Touring Seat 75535 which has got the trust of Mustang as a brand and appreciation from most of the consumers who have tried it.
Thus, we would not hesitate in considering it to be one of the best Harley seats for tall riders. To know more about this touring seat from Mustang stick with us.
- Wide driver seat
- Deeply pocketed
- Provides ample back support
- The rear seat can be extended forward when necessary to provide additional back support
- The front bucket comes with a full skirt with braided edge trim
- Features chrome studs and leather tied conchos
- Made in the USA
- Worth the money
- The extendable seat is the biggest pro
- Good quality material
- Wide and comfortable
- Can be easily installed
- Finishing is nice
- A bit more expensive than other seats available in the market
9. Mustang 76161 Wide Touring Two-Piece 2-Up
Now, since you have successfully stuck with us throughout while we explain the different Mustang seats for tall riders you must have gathered a lot of information about the different motorcycle seats that are available in the market today.
We promise this information would be indeed helpful when you are looking for street glide seats for tall riders and your own Harley Davidson.
For now, you might be knowing there are three types of seats: Solo seats, One Piece 2-Up and lastly Two-Piece 2-Up and we have mentioned at least one of each type in these Harley Davidson seats for tall riders.
This one right here belongs to the third category: Two-Piece 2-Up.
- The deep front bucket design keeps the rider from sliding back
- The passenger seat can be extended further
- The rear seat features Mustang`s unique internal steel support wings
- Compatible with the following Honda Models: Spirit (Shaft) and Phantom (Shaft)
- Comfortable and wide
- The feature that the passenger seat can be extended further is unique and helpful as well
- Unique internal steel support wings to keep the molded foam in the support
- Good cushioning for both rider and passenger
- Looks good even without the passenger seat
- Better height for the passenger in comparison to the stock seats
- No docking points
10. Mustang 76036 Standard Touring Regal
We hope you remember the three different types of motorcycle seats that have been mentioned in the previous review.
If yes, you would know that the last of our recommendations belong to the second category of motorcycle seats, one-piece 2-up.
But, what amazes us the most is the variety Mustang has to offer in each category and that most of them can be included in the list of best Harley Davidson seats for tall riders.
The Mustang 76036, in particular, is all that you would want when looking for the best seat for tall Harley riders from comfort to looks and longevity.
- Contoured bucket helps in lower back support.
- Easier ground reaches when stopped.
- Features soft pillow comfort.
- Hand-tied vinyl- covered buttons.
- Designed with the baseplate open in the middle.
- Compatible with the following HD Models: Road King, Street Glide, Street Glide Trike, Electra Glide, Road- Glide and Tri-glide
- Perfect height and width
- Supports the back as well
- Comfortable due to the soft pillow cover
- Hand-tied Vinyl- covered buttons give a very rich and expensive look
- Hassle-free installation
- Little Expensive
Things to Keep in Mind Before Buying a Harley Seat
Well, now that we are done with our version of the Best Seat for tall Harley rider’s review you must know how to distinguish amongst them and also, which is the one you should be eventually going with.
This buying guide will help you in finding out those keywords and then looking for them in your choice of Harley Davidson seat.
#1. Comfort: We know there isn’t any need to stress on the fact but what are we here for? This is the sole reason why we started this search in the first place.
The comfort of your Harley seat is decided by the shape, characteristic, quality, and composition of the foam in your seat. Hence, if you want your ride to be smooth and comfortable dig a little deeper into this aspect.
#2. Seat cover: The seat cover and its quality becomes very important because it is going to be in direct contact with you.
The cheaper versions of the seat covers are made with molded vinyl which develops folds and wrinkles lately and that is why you should be looking for either leather or suede seat covers.
#3. Baseplates: Simply put, baseplates are the foundation for motorcycle seats and you cannot compromise with the plastic ones that are easy to build and inexpensive.
These are not sturdy and won’t even last for long but higher quality ones are better and stronger. They can be made of gel-coated marine grade or powder-coated steel.
#4. Overall look: While the look of an aftermarket Harley seat individually cant bother you a lot once it is installed in your bike, it becomes a great concern.
If you are investing your dollar in aftermarket stuff you would want it to be perfect and look good as well.
Hence, it is advised to go for the ones which fit your Harley Davidson model. If not, it can be really ugly and you won’t be left with any other option but splurge again.
#5. Backrests: If long and out of station rides are your thing a backrest is the best gift you can give to your back. It wouldn’t just make your ride 100x comfortable but also add an extra touch to your bike.
Most of the time these backrests are sold separately and not come with the seat package. We highly recommend you get one for yourself.
Though we have tried our best to explain anything and everything that comes under the umbrella of best Harley seat for tall riders we do know that there remain some questions which would haven’t been clear in the course of this article and thus, a section specially dedicated to all the frequently asked questions.
What Harley is best for a tall rider?
Yes, being tall has its own set of advantages but when we talk about the Harley Davidson bikes tall riders can go with only selected models such as the Wide Glide, Breakout, Road King, etc. Check these out if you are a tall rider and looking for the right bikes. You can also check out the Harley seats we have mentioned above and are compatible with these models.
What is the most comfortable seat for a Street Glide?
We have mentioned about 10 of the best Harley seat for tall riders some of which are compatible with the Street Guide but if you are looking for the top three seats perfect for a Street Glide here are those: Lucky Dave’s Bagger Seat, Le Pera Kickflip Seat, and Saddlemen RoadSofa- LS. Check these out if you cannot find the most comfortable seat for your Street Glide.
What is the most comfortable Harley Davidson to ride?
In our opinion. Electra Glide is the most comfortable Harley Davidson to ride. But, hey that’s not it. There are some limitations to that as well. Electra Glide can be your most comfortable ride only if you aren’t extremely tall because the positioning of the seat is quite low, have good upper body strength, and are not a newbie to Harley Davidson bikes because they are pretty heavy.
What is the biggest Harley Davidson model?
You must be acquainted with the various models and variations Harley Davidson has to offer but when it comes to the biggest one it has to be the Boneshaker without any doubt. This particular model from Harley Davidson is about 3 meters high and 5 meters long. The weight of the bike is pretty intriguing as well and to be precise it weighs 6000 lbs.
And here we come to the end of the best Harley seat for tall riders review and we hope that it has helped you bikers in some way or the other.
While, getting information is pretty easy in this tech surrounded world, getting all the information related to a particular niche and topic under one umbrella can be a little difficult.
But, we have tried our best to explain all the facts or at least touch some of the important terminologies and materials.
We have mentioned some of the best ones available there and the one that goes in alignment with your needs and expectations is to be decided by you.
Below are the some of the best selling Harley davidson seat from Amazon: