There are various options for motorcycle helmets, but to pick a helmet under a certain budget, and today we are here with the answer to some of the most asked questions, i.e. Which are the Best Motorcycle Helmets Under 300 Dollars?
Here we have handpicked some motorcycle helmets of all kinds, full face, modular ones, half face, etc. So, sit back and read along to the end to find the best one for your needs.
You don’t know what situation you are going to face when you are riding on a highway or turning into the next lane. A motorcycle helmet can be your superhero and your lifesaver when dealing with a dangerous situation while riding.
Undoubtedly, a helmet is a single piece of safety gear that should be taken into consideration by you whenever you are going out for a long ride or even for a spin on the roads.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), since 2002, more than 25,000 lives have been secured due to wearing motorcycle helmets.
Motorcycle helmets prevent 37% of deadly injuries to riders and 41% to passengers. You can read more about Motorcycle Safety from here.
Best Motorcycle Helmets Under $300
There are different motorcycle helmets available online like Full Face, Modular, Off-Road, Half, Open Face, and Dual-Sport. You can choose your perfect helmet according to the type of bike you use like Classic, Sporty, or a Superbike, along with your comfort and compatibility with the helmet.
Wearing a simple motorcycle helmet can be tedious. You may also feel stiffness around your neck during long rides.
So that you don’t need to spare much money and also enjoy additional features along with full protection and safety. Here are the best motorcycle helmets under $300:
|1.||HJC 980-615 IS-MAX II Modular Motorcycle Helmet||Safety: DOT Certified|
Category: Street Riding
Reviews & Ratings: 552 & 4.5/5
|2.||Bell MX-9 Adventure Helmet||Safety: DOT & ECE approved|
Category: Adventure Tourer
Reviews & Ratings: 34 & 4.5/5
|3.||AGV K1 Unisex Helmet||Safety: DOT Certified|
Reviews & Ratings: 155 & 4.6/5
|4.||FreedConn BM12 Street Helmet||Safety: DOT Certified|
Colors: Matte Black
Category: Street Riding
Reviews & Ratings: 106 & 4.3/5
|5.||Bell Qualifier Full-Face Helmet||Safety: DOT Certified|
Category: Street Bike
Reviews & Ratings: 1926 & 4.5/5
|6.||Bell Qualifier DLX Full-Face Helmet||Safety: DOT Certified|
Colors: Matte Black
Category: Street Bike
Reviews & Ratings: 194 & 4.2/5
|7.||LS2 Modular Strobe Helmet||Safety: DOT Certified|
Category: Street Bike
Reviews & Ratings: 444 & 4.4/5
|8.||Bell MX-9 Adventure MIPS Dirt Helmet||Safety: DOT Certified|
Colors: Black & Red
Category: Dirt & Adventure Tourer
Reviews & Ratings: 2 & 4.5/5
|9.||ILM Full Face Motorcycle Street Bike Helmet||Safety: DOT Certified|
Category: Street Riding
Reviews & Ratings: 2295 & 4.5/5
|10.||Torc T14B Full Face Helmet||Safety: ECE and DOT Certified|
Category: Street Riding
Reviews & Ratings: 763 & 3.9/5
1. HJC 980-615 IS-MAX II Modular Motorcycle Helmet
If you are looking for a motorcycle helmet with an in-built Bluetooth feature with verified safety that should not cost you more than 300 USD. Then this helmet should be your best choice! HJC IS MAX-II is one of the best modular motorcycle helmet.
To make the helmet not only sturdy and stiff but also light in weight so that it may not give any discomfort to your neck, this helmet is made with an advanced fiberglass shell with polycarbonate.
HJC IS MAX-II is provided with a triple lock mechanism to ensure that the helmet is safely sealed around the rider’s neck. So, you do not need to worry that it may fall off when you are riding at high speed.
— Also Read: HJC FG 17 Review, Really Worth Buying?
It is also provided with the feature of one hand face shield release so that the rider may not have any difficulty operating the helmet with one hand even while riding.
It also comes with Bluetooth speakers, with which you can connect your smartphone to listen to music, answer calls, and even use google maps for easy navigation.
With so many features and safety guarantees, the company has also provided an ACS ventilation system, which will not make your helmet sweaty from inside; it will allow the airflow from back to front smoothly.
- The advanced fiberglass polycarbonate shell
- Bluetooth compatibility
- Triple Lock mechanism
- ACS ventilation
- One-hand face shield release
- Provided with UV protection Shield
- Light in weight
- Superb locking mechanism
- Smooth process of shield installation
- Customer reviews show average ventilation quality
2. Bell MX-9 Adventure Helmet
Bell MX-9 Adventure is one of the best adventure touring helmets for under 300 dollars. If you have a dirt bike or a sporty bike, you can blindly follow this helmet.
It is ideally suited for both types of bikes. Like other helmets, Bell MX-9 is also provided with a polycarbonate shell to make it light in weight.
Bell MX-9 Adventure comes in a range of different sizes. It also comes with other features like a padded chin strip, an adjustable mount vent, and an integrated face shield.
Its multidirectional protection system protects the rider from massive impacts. This helmet is also provided with UV protection, anti-fog, and anti-scratch, which enhances the riding experience.
Bell MX-9 Adventure comes with a five-year warranty with both DOT and ECE certification.
To prevent a sweaty riding experience, this helmet is also provided with the feature of an air ventilation system that keeps the continuity of airflow inside and outside of the helmet.
This helmet is one of the best adventure touring helmets for under 300 dollars, and it provides an eye-catching sporty look; however, some customers have complained that its exterior color may get dull after using this for a few years.
- Advanced polycarbonate shell
- Adjustable Mount vent
- Padded chin strips
- Integrated face shield
- Air ventilation
- Provided with a five-year warranty
- DOT and ECE certified
- Sporty look
- Average air ventilation
- Lose of original exterior color after some years
3. AGV K1 Unisex Helmet
AGV K1 helmet is designed with AGV Racing technology as one of the best motorcycle racing helmets under 300. The company has provided this helmet with a brand new sporty design that makes it ever-ready for racing.
To make this helmet best suited for racing, it is provided with an aerodynamic design, enhanced front air vents specially designed for racing. AGV K1 also has a lab-tested spoiler to ensure maximum stability at high speed.
For the best lateral and vertical field of vision experience, the company has provided anti-scratch and anti-fog features, and its interiors are cushion soft for rider’s comfortable riding experience.
Coming to safety standards, this helmet is made with a solid thermoplastic shell that provides rigidity and makes the helmet sturdy in functioning.
To ensure high caliber safety against impacts, the company has provided 4- densities EPS structure in the helmet’s inner shell, which also helps to fit in every rider’s head.
Inspired from the MotoGP central air intake design, this helmet lets in more air when the rider comes in the racing position, there is an immediate thermal exchange for better comfort during riding.
- Rear spoiler for riding stability
- Integrated Ventilation system
- High Resistance Thermoplastic Resin shell construction
- Anti-scratch, Anti-fog features
- 4- densities EPS structure
- Ideal for racing
- MotoGP central air technology
- A clear and broader vision
- Reliable and light in weight
- Light in weight but comparatively a little heavier
4. FreedConn BM12 Street Helmet
With a highly enhanced communication system, the FreedConn BM12 is full of features.
The newly advanced communication technology provided in the helmet gives crystal clear connectivity even at high speeds, which provides the rider with the advantage of the uninterrupted connection to listen to music, GPS navigation commands, and one-click answering or rejecting calls.
A small issue comes with the helmet’s vision during high-altitude areas as it does not support the anti-fog feature.
With this Bluetooth helmet, you can pair three riders (including you) simultaneously, and two riders can be interconnected up to a range of 1640ft.
The company has provided a powerful battery that ensures 10-hours of continuous talk time and a long standby time of 300 hours. The company has provided this with ABS technology, making the helmet light in weight and one of the great full-face helmets under 300.
Even if the company has offered excellent connectivity features in this Bluetooth helmet, yet they have not compromised in providing the primary safety and comfort measures.
- Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity
- Strong long-range connection
- Playback control
- Built-in with premium ABS material
- Long-lasting lithium-ion battery
- Excellent connectivity support
- DOT and ECE certified
- Hands-free calling, Navigation support, FM radio
- Up to 3 riders can be paired
- Due to the attached battery, it weighs slightly heavy
5. Bell Qualifier Full-Face Helmet
I will not be wrong if I call this helmet full of colors because there are various over 17 colors available for this helmet. It is very famous as well and it has 1900+ reviews on Amazon.
Undoubtedly, the Bell Qualifier Full-Face helmet is the best full-face helmet under 300. Wondering why? Let me tell you.
To make the helmet light in weight, this helmet is designed using a polycarbonate shell. This helmet comes with a quick-release shield feature, which allows the users to install the shields without using tools easily.
The helmet has an exceptionally good air ventilation system, which prevents the helmet from being sweaty while riding.
For making your ride enjoyable and noise-free, the helmet also comes with a padded wind collar, removing wind noise and making your ride experience good.
It is provided with three shell and EPS designs, making this helmet compatible and a perfect fit for every rider. You also don’t need to worry about itching and rashes problems occurring while riding because this helmet is provided with an anti-bacterial liner.
This helmet is a perfect combo of style, durability, safety, and comfort, all-in-one at a very affordable rate.
- ABS shell construction
- Anti-fog, anti-scratch, and UV protection
- Air ventilation system
- Padded wind collar
- Anti-bacterial liner
- One of the cheapest but premium quality
- Five years of warranty
- Remarkable fitting
- Variety of colors to choose
- Locking mechanism not so sturdy
- Not perfect wind noise cancellation
6. Bell Qualifier DLX Full-Face Helmet
The Bell Qualifier DLX is one of the most bought and trustable helmets as per the customer reviews. Because of the use of the polycarbonate shell, Bell Qualifier DLX is relatively light in weight.
Also, the helmet is provided with an Air Ventilation System, and the Ventilation is adjustable so that the rider can control the amount of airflow smoothly. The moisture-wicking feature provided in the helmet prevents the accumulation of sweat inside the helmet.
For a quiet and enjoyable riding experience, this helmet has a padded wind collar, which prevents wind and traffic noise. The interiors are comfortable and washable.
The shield of Bell Qualifier DLX is provided with Anti-fog, Anti-scratch, and has UV protection. This helmet also has a smoke prevention shield.
The helmet also comes with additional connecting ports, so that the rider can connect devices and communicate or talk to others while enjoying his ride. Bell Qualifier DLX helmet comes in various colors, and the company also offers you customization related to the colors!
Bell Qualifier DLX is undoubtedly one of the best street motorcycle helmets available online or in the market. Although it’s comparably affordable to other helmets, it provides every feature and satisfies customers with its construction safety measures.
- Adjustable Ventilation System
- Padded Chin-Strap
- Removable and washable interiors
- Anti-fog, Anti-scratch, and UV protected shield
- Interiors can be easily washed
- Beautiful different range of colors available
- Communication port for connectivity
- Aerodynamic Design
- Small design fault, Ventilation may get blocked because of the communication port
- The lock does not provide a firm grip hold
7. LS2 Modular Strobe Helmet
Riders design LS2 Strobe helmets for riders. LS2 Strobe has a full-metal latch system that operates smoothly and offers super secure safety.
It can be opened by a single button that is easy to find and use, even with a heavy winter glove. It has a secure detent at the chin bar, which helps the helmet to stay in place when it is up.
LS2 is a modular motorcycle helmet with a Twin Shield System sun shield, which will give you the sun protection you want and quickly get more light when entering into a darker area.
The LS2 Strobe makes use of a slide and cable technology to use the solar shield smoothly, imparting much less wind noise and easy to use.
The faceguard is optically correct, scratch-resistant, and has a ShortShift Tool much less Quick Release making it smooth to change whenever you want to.
LS2 also has a breathable fabric liner, wicks moisture, and a 3D laser cut foam liner. It also has cheek pads that are removable and washable.
It is so comfortable to wear that you will forget you have it on. We have also made a detailed review of the LS2 Strobe Helmet as well, you can read that to know more about this one.
- Inner drop-down sun shield
- Removable chin curtain
- Cheek pads with laser cut foam
- HPTT (High-Pressure Thermoplastic Technology) Shell
- ECE 22.05 certified
- Breathe deflector
- FFS (Fog Fighter System) 3D optically correct face shield with Quick release system
- Removable and washable comfort liner
- Average noise cancellation
8. Bell MX-9 Adventure MIPS Dirt Helmet
Bell MX-9 Helmet, born from Bell’s extensive and legendary experience, combines the best of the dirt and street knowledge into a middleweight ADV helmet.
The MX-9 gratifies those riders who are out there pushing boundaries and not stopping when the road ends, and the trail begins.
Bell MX-9 is a lightweight polycarbonate shell that comes in three different sizes to provide a more comfortable fit. It has a velocity-flow ventilation system that keeps on air-flowing, forcing fresh air in and hot moist air.
Also, there are some removable and washable liner and cheek pads that ensure you can keep sweat and bacteria build-up at bay. MX-9 can also be changed into a more street bike helmet only by discarding the peak visor.
When the dirt hits you hard, and you need the added protection of a pair of goggles, simply flip the shield and throw them on. It is designed to work with any goggle out there in the market.
Bell MX-9 is absolutely a go-anywhere, the do-everything helmet is an excellent helmet for professionals and novices alike.
- Lightweight polycarbonate shell
- Three shell sizes:
- SM: XS and SM helmets
- MD: MD and LG helmets
- LG: XL and 2XL helmets
- Five-year warranty
- MIPS (Multi-Directional Impact Protection System) for dramatically improved rotational impact energy displacement
- Adjustable mouth vent
- DOT and ECE verified
- Velocity-flow ventilation system
- Speaker pockets
- Integrated face shield
- Visor’s first stop point is a little higher than other helmets
9. ILM Full Face Motorcycle Street Bike Helmet
The ILM Full-face helmet is one of the most adaptable and functional helmets available there. It is available in sort of sizes starting from small to extra-large.
Just like Bell Qualifier helmets, ILM also comes with a patch of different colors to choose from.
The company has also provided two different visor options; one is clear and transparent, while the other one has a smoked visor, which helps you ride comfortably in bright sunlight. Both the visor options perfectly blend in and look very stylish.
ILM is provided with a streamlined aerodynamic design, which not only decreases the wind noise and drag but also helps in proper air ventilation, splendid for a creamy riding experience.
Like other helmets, ILM Full-Face also has ABS shell construction that makes it light in weight and sturdy.
Now coming to the safety standards it follows, this helmet is both DOT and FMVSS-218 certified. So you need not worry about its durability and impact resistance while riding.
This helmet is born for street racing, and you can prefer this helmet for regular riding and perfectly fits in your budget.
- Lightweight and durable ABS shell
- 2 Visors provided: Transparent + Smoked
- FMVSS-218 and DOT certified
- Streamlined aerodynamic design, perfect for racing
- Removable inner lining pads, Quick Release Strap and Clasp
- Variety of sizes available
- Range of color options to choose
- Provided with all safety certifications
- Excellent aerodynamic design
- ABS shell construction does not offer as much as said
- Vision quality is not up to the mark
10. Torc T14B Full Face Helmet
TORC T14B is one of the most appropriate and classic helmets available online. TORC T14B is an ideal helmet for riding long distances. It is lightweight, comfortable, durable, and robust.
This helmet is provided with a dual-density EPS feature, which increases the impact of resistance and effectively absorbs any unfortunate effect on the rider while riding.
This helmet is provided with a locking dropdown sun visor shield and with a smooth lock so that you can adjust your guards smoothly.
Undoubtedly, the integrated Bluetooth feature makes it more worth value for money.
This feature makes your ride more convenient as you can communicate with other riders while drifting forward.
The padded soft inner liner provided inside the helmet prevents your neck from discomfort and makes your ride enjoyable, and the inner liner is completely removable and washable.
Now coming from the design point of view, the design looks very eye-catching and classy. TORC T14B is available in various colors and sports editions. This could be the helmet you are looking for!
- Dual-density EPS
- Sun visor shield
- Integrated Bluetooth system
- Full-face helmet style
- A smooth shield locking feature
- Available in various colors
- Robust and lightweight
- Comfortable inner padding
- Impressive Bluetooth connectivity
- Lightweight but comparatively more massive than other helmets
Things to have in mind while Buying a Motorcycle Helmet
With this, we are done talking about the different motorcycle helmets as far as our opinions are concerned.
You may not agree to this and find other features more useful than this and that’s completely fine. In this section, we will be discussing five pointers to keep in mind before you buy a rider`s helmet:
- Safety & Protection: A motorcycle helmet’s most basic function is to protect your head if any trouble happens to you while riding.
So, safety is the prime purpose of your helmet. Design, looks, and features come after safety, first, you need to ensure the helmet you are buying is capable of protecting you from fall damages if any accident happens.
For confirming that your helmet falls under the criteria of safety & protection, you should check whether it’s DOT certified or not because, in North America, the Department of Transportation (DOT) confirms the helmet is built solid enough to protect the rider from fall damages.
So, your helmet should be DOT approved. You can also search for SNELL certification if you want to know that your helmet provides maximum protection or not.
- Fit & Comfort: A helmet that fits nicely around your head not only provides maximum protection but also makes you feel comfortable while riding.
You may end up blowing away from your helmet from your chair if your helmet does not entirely fit around your head. Following are some key points that determine to fit of your helmet-
- Size of the helmet- The size of the helmet varies from small to extra-large. Various helmets are available online with different, go for a size chart, and choose your type of helmet wisely.
- The material used- The foam and padding used inside should be ideal in cushioning your neck, not too hard and not too soft. Besides, it should be removable and washable.
- Weight: Weight is a prime factor which should be considered by you. No one pays much attention to finding the weight of the helmet, but it is crucial. Lighter the helmet, the less energy it will transfer if any impact happens.
A lightweight helmet makes you feel comfortable, too, while riding. Simultaneously, a heavy helmet will firstly make your neck feel tired and uncomfortable while riding. It will transfer more impact energy if any accident happens to the rider, which can damage the rider’s head.
- Quality (Material used to make a Helmet): The quality of any helmet plays a crucial role in providing everything a rider needs in every aspect. When it comes to the quality which is offered by the helmet, then it should stand up in every criterion like ride safety, comfort, and additional features.
All three standards depend on the type of material that is used to make a helmet.
From a safety point of view, you should know what material is used to construct the helmet, like most of the standard safety helmets have ABS polycarbonate shell construction, which not only helps make the helmet light in weight but also make it resistant to heavy impact and high damage absorption.
Some helmets also have four or double- densities EPS protection along with ABS shells. The comfort which a helmet provides should have comfortable padding and inner liner, padded chin strips, wind collar, etc.
These should be constructed with quality materials that should offer an ideal cushion to your head so that you can enjoy a comfortable ride.
- Price, Review, and Ratings: Price may not be the prime factor while buying a helmet. Still, I can indeed say that most of us haven’t purchased a costly luxury helmet even once because everyone wants everything in their budget, they don’t want to spare even a single penny beyond their account.
The price of the helmet is decided by its material build quality and the features it offers, along with some contribution of the brand’s name. So if you are not a professional racer and do everyday bike riding, then spending $300 over a helmet would be enough and worth it for you.
Reviews and ratings are the report card of any helmet, and it helps us to know how well any helmet has managed to perform, so always read other customer reviews and the rating provided by them, so that you may not give any benefit of the doubt to the helmet before buying it for you.
- Brand: The brand is the commander of any helmet; I will not be wrong if I say that most of us get half-convinced already if we got to know about the brand behind the helmet.
Although buying a branded helmet may cost you some more dollars than a local one, a branded helmet always provides you what it promises in terms of safety, quality, features, comfort, and service warranty.
I have already told you some best brands in this article, and undeniably, those are the best street motorcycle helmets.
Local brand helmets may fail to provide all of these features after some time, so you better go for a branded helmet. After all your life is worth more than spending a few more bucks!
- Type: Helmets come in various types, sizes, and shapes that define their unique style. The most accepted types of the helmet which are familiar by every rider are-
- Full-face helmets- As its name shows, these types of helmets cover most of your face, and these are the best helmets that provide maximum protection to the riders.
- Open-face helmets– These helmets do not cover most of your face; it leaves your chin part exposed as it does not come with a chin guard.
- Off-road helmets –These types of helmets are specially built for off-roading. These are provided with extra chin protection, extra air ventilation, and sun visors. However, some helmets may also come with a sun visor.
- Modular helmets- Modular helmets are the combination of Full-face and Open-face helmets. You can flip up the lower part of the helmet and make it an Open-face helmet.
- Dual-sport helmets- Dual-sport helmets are also called adventure helmets. You can wear this helmet on or off-road both. Most of the dual-sport helmets are not provided with face shields.
- Half helmets- Half helmets offer the least protection to your head. It only covers the top portion of your head, and the rest of the parts are left exposed.
What is the best way to buy a motorcycle helmet?
The best way to buy a motorcycle helmet will be considering factors like size u0026amp; shape, strap type, visibility and Ventilation, and last but most importantly, its construction and certification. All of these factors are : u003cbru003e1. Safetyu003cbru003e2. Build u003cbru003e3. Designu003cbru003e4. Typeu003cbru003e5. Brandu003cbru003e6. Weight
How tight should a motorcycle helmet be?
When you feel an even pressure all around your head and your skin should move whenever your helmet is moved, you can say that your helmet is correctly tightened. You should not feel stiffness and discomfort in moving your head around.
Do motorcycle helmets loosen up?
Yes, motorcycle helmets do loosen up, but not to a very much greater extent. This is because the comfort liner and paddings provided inside the helmet compress slowly with time after regular use. It takes months for a helmet to loosen up slightly.
Do helmets cause hair loss?
Most of us believe that wearing a helmet costs you the loss of your hair. It is true, but there are proper reasons behind it. If your scalp is dirty and unwashed for a long time, it may result in hair loss because of the accumulation of little sweat while riding.
Should a motorcycle helmet squeeze your cheeks?
Only a little bit, your cheeks should look like u0022Chipmunk Cheeks.u0022 It is perfectly normal; you should feel a little cushion around your cheeks. You should be able to move your cheeks a little bit, if you can freely move your cheeks, consider changing your helmet’s size.
Can you wear sunglasses on a motorcycle?
Yes, you can wear sunglasses without wearing a helmet on a motorcycle. It is alright; just make sure you may not end up losing your sunglasses while picking up the speed. Wearing a helmet while wearing sunglasses prevents it.
Can you wear glasses under a motorcycle helmet?
Absolutely. There is no problem with wearing glasses under a motorcycle helmet. It is giving you extra protection and also perfectly fits around the padding of your helmet.
A good quality helmet can protect you from several injuries. While few people wear helmets to make sure that they do not get tickets, other people care about their lives.
Although a helmet cannot provide full protection and does not guarantee to save your life in the deadliest situation, it is essential to ride safely.
In this article, I told you about the best helmets that will fit your budget of $300. And if you have any questions regarding our list of best motorcycle helmets under $300, you can comment down below.
These helmets stand on every criterion and trust me, you will find these helmets are worth buying. So which one are you getting? Ride safe, happy journey! We have also reviewed some other helmets over here you can also check them out:
- Yema YM-925 Helmet (Best Helmet Under $100)
- Scorpion EXO-R420 (Best Helmet Under $150)
- LS2 Strobe Modular Helmet (Best Selling Helmet of Amazon)
- ILM Full Face Street Bike Helmet (Best Affordable Helmet Under $60 with 2280+ Reviews)
- Bell Rogue Helmet (Best Looking Half Face Helmet with 140+ Reviews)
- Torc T50 Helmet (Best Designed Half Face Helmet with 270+ Reviews)